Monday, November 13, 2023

How To Make Time To Read

I love to read. Some of my earliest memories are of my mom and I taking trips to Waldenbooks or Hastings (both are closed) and picking out the newest Sweet Valley High books (gotta love those Wakefield twins!). Now as a 46 year old mom, wife, and blogger finding time to read can be a bit tricky. In this blog post I will be talking about how I make time to read because I know so many of us struggle to find that time.


How to Make Time to Read




At night: I try to read before bed every single night. Even if it's for 30 minutes. If I can read a chapter a night then I am happy.

Driving/Audiobooks. Obviously I don't read while I am driving, but I do listen to audio books. It's at all my preferred form of reading books, but it does my the car ride more enjoyable.

When the girls are having their quiet time. If I need a break from work or if I am having a rough day I will the girls' quiet time to read.

Waiting rooms. When I am waiting for doctors appointments or anything of that sort I always bring my book with me. This works well because doctors offices are always running behind.

Road trips. Whenever we take a family road trip I always bring a book with me. The girls even bring their books. This is always a good time because it keeps the girls quiet since they aren't fighting!! LOL!!

Doing these things gives me a few extra hours to read each week! Sometimes a lot more!

When do you find the time to read?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment