Friday, December 8, 2023

Blogmas 2023- Day#8- Pot Simmer Recipes

Hello Friends and welcome to Day #8 of Blogmas!

I'm so sorry for missing the last few days of posts. I really have no explanation other than we have been busy with homeschool and various projects around the house. Anyways....

Today's catch up post is all about pot simmer recipes. Let's be honest, this is a foreign concept to me because I had never heard of them before until now. From what I understand, you begin by bringing water to a boil  and then adding your favorite ingredients and letting is simmer all day. As the water simmers away, you add more water. This not only leaves a pleasant fragrence throughout your house and also puts some moisture in the air.

 Pot Simmer Recipes

 So here is a recipe that I have found and that I would like to try:


Recipe #1
Cinnamon sticks
Apple peels
Orange rinds
Whole cloves


Recipe #2
Apple juice
Cinnamon sticks
Whole cloves

Recipe #3
Vanilla (a few drops)
Orange peels

Recipe #4 – Christmas Potpourri Simmering Pot
3 sprigs evergreen or handful pine needles
2 cinnamon sticks
2 TBS whole cloves
2 bay leaves
2 pieces orange rind
2 pieces lemon rind

What is your favorite recipe? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment