Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Three Favorites- 80s Edition

Hi Friends and welcome to the blog!

Today I thought I would  show you three of my favorite 80s movies. All of these movies bring back so many memories whenever I watch them. I am a child of the 80s and I am not afraid to admit it. I love the clothes, the music, and the movies.

So, here is the list that I have compiled! These are in no particular order

Movie #1:  The Breakfast Club

Five high school students from different walks of life endure a Saturday detention under a power-hungry principal (Paul Gleason). The disparate group includes rebel John (Judd Nelson), princess Claire (Molly Ringwald), outcast Allison (Ally Sheedy), brainy Brian (Anthony Michael Hall) and Andrew (Emilio Estevez), the jock. Each has a chance to tell his or her story, making the others see them a little differently -- and when the day ends, they question whether school will ever be the same.



Movie #2: The Karate Kid

Daniel (Ralph Macchio) moves to Southern California with his mother, Lucille (Randee Heller), but quickly finds himself the target of a group of bullies who study karate at the Cobra Kai dojo. Fortunately, Daniel befriends Mr. Miyagi (Noriyuki "Pat" Morita), an unassuming repairman who just happens to be a martial arts master himself. Miyagi takes Daniel under his wing, training him in a more compassionate form of karate and preparing him to compete against the brutal Cobra Kai.


Movie #3: Sixteen Candles

With the occasion all but overshadowed by her sister's upcoming wedding, angst-ridden Samantha (Molly Ringwald) faces her 16th birthday with typical adolescent dread. Samantha pines for studly older boy Jake (Michael Schoeffling), but worries that her chastity will be a turnoff for the popular senior. Meanwhile, Samantha must constantly rebuff the affections of nerdy Ted (Anthony Michael Hall), the only boy in the school, unfortunately, who seems to take an interest in her.



What are some of your favorite 80s movies?

2 comments:

  1. Great choices. I've made my older teenage son (youngest son is just not much of a movie kid) watch the first two. We even went and watched the Karate Kid remake in the theater. He thought it was awful but I didn't think it was too bad. Not sure how you can leave Footloose and Dirty Dancing off the 80's movie list ;) Hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! I completely forgot about those two movies! I don't know if you know this, but Footloose and Dirty Dancing are on Amazon Prime.

    ReplyDelete