Friday, October 20, 2023

My Favorite Book To Read During The Fall

 For today's Blogtober post I thought it would be fun to talk on my of favorite books. Enjoy! 


Fried green tomatoes is one of my favorite books! I think I have read probably more than a dozen times.  I love the plot and I really love the characters that Fannie Flagg has created. It's a great book to read on a cold, rainy Fall evening. When I first read it I fell in love with the characters and the time period that it was set in.

Plot:

Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe is a 1987 novel by Fannie Flagg. It weaves together the past and the present through the blossoming friendship between Evelyn Couch, a middle-aged housewife, and Ninny Threadgoode, an elderly woman who lives in a nursing home. Every week Evelyn visits Ninny, who tells her stories about her youth in Whistle Stop, Alabama where her sister-in-law, Idgie, and her friend, Ruth, ran a café. These stories, along with Ninny's friendship, enable Evelyn to begin a new, satisfying life while allowing the people and stories of Ninny's youth to live on.

What is your favorite book?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment